TikTok Launches New Shopping Ads as it Continues to Push Ahead with its eCommerce Integrations
- TikTok’s taking the next steps forward in its eCommerce integration push, with the introduction of new Shopping Ads, which will provide more ways for brands to promote their products in-stream.
Though it’s not entirely new. TikTok has actually offered the same options for years in the Chinese version of TikTok, called ‘Douyin’. In-stream commerce has become Douyin’s biggest earner, with live shopping, in particular, becoming a major trend among Chinese web users. TikTok remains confident, with its own data showing that users are interested in more in-stream buying options.
- Read the full article from Social Media Today
Google will roll out new updates to reduce low-quality and unoriginal content in search results
- Google announced today that it’s rolling out new Search updates over the next few weeks that will aim to make it easier for people to find high-quality content.
The new ranking improvements will work to reduce the amount of low-quality or unoriginal content that ranks high in search results. Google says that the update will especially target content that has been created primarily for ranking on search engines, known as “SEO-first” content, rather than human-first content. The company’s tests have shown that the update will improve the results users find when searching for content like online educational materials, as well as arts and entertainment, shopping and tech-related content.
- Read the full article from Tech Crunch
YouTube’s New Podcasts Platform is Now Live for Some US Customers
- YouTube’s podcast page is now accessible to a small subset of individuals, offering a full overview of podcast content material within the app.
YouTube’s taking its subsequent steps into podcast internet hosting, with some customers now in a position to enter a devoted podcast web page within the app, which can ultimately allow podcasters to feed their exhibits straight into YouTube, including one other promotion floor for his or her content material. In some methods, it appears unusual that the main video platform is transferring into audio as properly, however with podcast listenership on the rise, and audio choices gaining recognition, there’s clear worth in YouTube incorporating podcasts as one other potential progress component.
- Read the full article from Red Mention