TikTok Announces New Music Licensing Agreement with Warner Music
- TikTok has announced a new partnership with Warner Music, which will see TikTok gain license to Warner’s full music library for use on TikTok, TikTok Music, CapCut, and in TikTok’s Commercial Music Library, in varying form.
TikTok has been negotiating with major music labels for months, amid ongoing dispute over the value of music usage for the app. Warner, Universal, and Sony have been pushing for TikTok to share more of its ad revenue with them, and increase the royalties that it pays for their music rights, which has left negotiations at a standstill for some time. But now, TikTok has made a breakthrough, with Warner at least, which will help to cement its position as a key music promotion partner for Warner artists.
- Read the full article from Social Media Today
Google Display, Dynamic Search Ads Roll Into AI Performance Max
- Dynamic Search Ads (DSA) and Google Display Ads (GDA) campaign upgrades are open to all advertisers, but opting-in Performance Max supported by artificial intelligence (AI) is voluntary.
Advertisers who upgrade DSA campaigns to Performance Max (PMax) see an average increase of more than 20% in conversions, according to Google. The idea is to reach valuable audiences more effectively across channels such as Display. Advertisers can improve performance using audience signals to share understanding of the most important audiences to engage, while allowing Google AI to expand beyond these to help you find new audiences.
- Read the full article from Media Post
PubMatic Buys (And Sells) Into Commerce Media
- PubMatic is entering the commerce media fray.
On Tuesday, the SSP launched a self-service ad platform called Convert built for commerce media retail media networks, shopper marketing, call it what you may. Coles 360, which is the data-driven ad business of Coles supermarkets, as well as Lyft Media, dentsu, IPG Mediabrands, MiQ and Wallapop are among the launch partners. PubMatic is simplifying the retail media network landscape in one clean swoop by removing retailers that sell on a walled garden model.
- Read the full article from Ad Exchanger