Meta Launches Threads, Provides Insights into Coming Elements
- Meta’s new Twitter-busting Threads app is now active, and we’re getting more details by the minute as to how the app looks and functions, while the Instagram team has also shared some insights into what features will be coming soon to the new platform.
Meta has logically sought to replicate the Twitter experience in the new app. Similar to Twitter, Threads are presented in the main feed, and you can like, re-post, and reply to each update. The app looks good, looks polished, it seems like a good space, though missing some functionality that Meta will no doubt add in over time. So will it be the Twitter killer?
- Read the full article from Social Media Today
Out-Of-Home Is Hopping On The Clean Room Train
- Not to be left out, out-of-home (OOH) media companies are getting in on the clean room trend.
Clear Channel Outdoor announced clean room integrations with InfoSum, Habu, LiveRamp and Aqfer, so advertisers can link first-party data for planning, targeting and measurement. Clear Channel’s clean room integrations are meant to help with planning and measurement across both digital OOH screens and traditional billboards. Partnering with several clean room providers is an important step for an OOH company because it opens the doors for measuring campaign performance against specific audiences, including tracking incremental reach and sales.
- Read the full article from Ad Exchanger
Dentsu seeks strong Gen Z connections with expansions into gaming, anime
- Dentsu wants to strengthen its reach with Gen Z consumers as it expands into gaming and anime content and licensing.
This month, the Japanese holding company formed Dentsu Anime Solutions Inc., a subsidiary that will provide anime licensing with new new anime IP and merchandise sales to broadcasters and streaming platforms in Japan and overseas. Last month, Dentsu became the first holdco to join the Roblox Partner Program as it continues to build on larger metaverse and Web3 initiatives despite a general cooling in the industry to the latter. These content and metaverse platforms are likely to become a priority as many agencies move quickly to connect with upcoming Gen Z and Gen Alpha consumers.
- Read the full article from DIGIDAY