Google Reimagines Search Beyond ’10 Blue Links’
- At its Marketing Live event, the tech giant expressed a desire to steer digital advertising toward more interactive features, including AR shopping ads in search results.
Search remains the largest revenue driver for Google, and the company has frequently tweaked how it operates over the years. But the latest Marketing Live made clear that the platform is undergoing a more substantial makeover in the wake of the pandemic. In April, Google unveiled a “multisearch” functionality that allows users to explore the web using multiple methods, such as taking a picture while asking a question via voice command. But the latest Marketing Live made clear that the platform is undergoing a more substantial makeover in the wake of the pandemic.
- Read the full article from Marketing Dive
Meta Releases New Facebook Graph and Marketing API Updates, Including New Data Access Provisions
- Meta has announced the launch of Facebook Graph API v14.0 and Marketing API v14.0, which are the back-end systems that power connection to Meta’s various tools and platforms, and facilitate third-party app access.
Meta’s API updates can be sneaky significant, with big shifts sometimes hidden in amongst the technical jargon, so it’s worth staying up to date with the latest to ensure you don’t miss anything. For most, that won’t change your Facebook or Instagram ads strategy, but there will be some smaller tweaks within the Facebook marketing experience.
- Read the full article from Social Media Today
TikTok partners with Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Emplifi and more to make it easier for brands to reach users
- Earlier this month, TikTok introduced a new way to lure advertisers to its platform by giving them the ability to showcase their brands’ content next to the best videos on TikTok.
TikTok is extending its Marketing Partner Program to add new content marketing partners, the company told TechCrunch. The expansion will allow marketers to manage their TikTok accounts without leaving their third-party content marketing platforms. The short-form video app is partnering with Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Emplifi, Dash Hudson, Khoros, Brandwatch and Later for the initial launch.
- Read the full article from Tech Crunch