YouTube Adds New CTV Campaign Measurement Verification Through Expanded Nielsen Partnership
- With connected TV (CTV) watch time on the rise, YouTube’s looking to improve its CTV solutions for advertisers to provide TV-like ad reach and resonance at a much more affordable price.
YouTube has announced an expansion of its partnership with Nielsen which will provide more ways for advertisers to measure their total audience reached by YouTube CTV campaigns. Youtube will now provide more direct comparisons between your ad reach via traditional TV campaigns and YouTube CTV, independently verified by Nielsen’s measurement process. YouTube’s advanced targeting making them potentially even more effective, and cheaper, given the more specific audience focus options.
- Read the full article from Social Media Today
TikTok surpasses Snapchat as the favourite app of teens
- TikTok has supplanted Snapchat as the favourite social media app of US teens, with Facebook and Twitter lingering far behind.
Visually oriented social media apps have a tighter grip on teens. TikTok’s dominance is made clear by the copycat products launched by its competitors and its rapidly growing advertising revenue. If other social platforms want to mimic its success, they’ll have to find ways to create similar highly personalized experiences for users in ways that comply with tightening privacy and data regulations.
- Read the full article from eMarketer
Spotify’s acquisition of podcast analytics firms has some in the industry concerned
- Spotify announced its acquisition two major podcast analytics companies to include a more complete in-house campaign-measurement service. What Spotify gained, the broader podcast industry could be losing.
Spotify scooping up Podsights and Chartable made waves in the industry, in part because it left a significant gap in third-party measurement options. Advertisers and publishers could be hesitant to accept campaign metrics from a streaming service that not only owns podcasts, but also sells ads on them and owns the measurement platforms used to report metrics. There are also concerns that Spotify’s consolidation could make even more data about podcast listening inaccessible to the industry as a whole.
- Read the full article from Marketing Brew