Virtual product placement ads are coming to Amazon Prime Video and Peacock
- Announced at this month’s NewFronts, Amazon and Peacock demonstrated new ad formats that use similar virtual product placement (VPP) tools, a post-production technique for inserting a brand into a TV show or movie scene.
Amazon presented its new VPP tool, currently operating in beta, that lets advertisers place their branded products directly into streaming content after they have already been filmed and produced. Brands that use product placement in movies and TV shows capture target markets and promote products in a subtle way. In an illustrative video, Amazon demonstrated how its new VPP program enables brands to strategically insert products post-production into content streaming from Amazon Prime Video and the newly rebranded Amazon Freevee.
- Read the full article from Tech Crunch
TikTok launches ad solution aimed to court advertisers while pleasing creators
- TikTok introduced Branded Mission, an ad solution that enables brands and agencies to crowdsource authentic content from creators and turn highly engaging videos into ads.
The new feature allows advertisers to discover TikTok’s diverse system of creators and involve the broader community in branded initiatives while keeping each creator’s unique voice. Creators get the opportunity to work with brands on branded content. While Branded Mission is primarily geared toward advertisers, it should simultaneously help TikTok grow its bona fides as arguably the most creator-friendly of all social media platforms.
- Read the full article from eMarketer
Spotify Expands Its Roblox Universe With K-Pop-themed World
- After Spotify’s Roblox debut earlier this month, the platform has unveiled a new world in the interactive game centered on all things K-Pop. Starting today, users can portal out of Spotify Island and into K-Park where they can connect with artists and other fans.
Tapping into cultural trends within Roblox could help drive the platform’s goal to reach the $3 billion revenue mark by Q2, according to its Q1 report. K-Pop artists featured in K-Park aren’t small-time either. Currently, Sunmi has over 2.4 million monthly listeners on Spotify and Stray Kids has over 6.3 million.
- Read the full article from AdWeek