TikTok Tests In-Stream Shopping Options as it Pushes to Build on its Revenue Potential
- While in-app shopping hasn’t caught on the way that social apps may have hoped, TikTok, for one, is continuing to push ahead with its in-stream commerce initiatives, launching a new purchase process with selected retailers in the app.
Live shopping has been Douyin’s big push, but while every social app has seemingly tried out a variation of live shopping, all have since scaled back, as adoption has been relatively low. Following the pandemic, which saw a surge in online shopping, many experts predicted that this would change the way consumers looked to buy, and would usher in a new wave of eCommerce growth, but as soon as physical stores re-opened, most people went back to their regular shopping habits. It seems like it could still be a viable pathway to broader success and income for the app, and maybe, through direct integration like this, TikTok will be able to draw in more users that are willing to buy in-stream.
- Read the full article from Social Media Today
Meta Offers More Clarity on Ad Targeting Through Updated Panels
- Meta is revising its ‘Why Am I Seeing This Ad?’ listing, which provides contextual information on ad targeting and how Meta’s systems display advertisements to each user.
In order to explain how its ad targeting functions, dispel myths about it, and point users in the direction of the various controls they have for managing the ads they see in its apps, Meta first introduced its “Why Am I Seeing This Ad” element in 2013. This is definitely a great step forward as it gives rise to more information panels that set out contextual oversight on why users are seeing ads and how their actions control what they see at the end of the day. At the same time, it also benefits advertisers by showing them how the company’s systems display ads to its clientele.
- Read the full article from Digital Information World
A new Pinterest e-learning platform
- Today, we’re launching Pinterest Academy, a new and improved e-learning platform to help you succeed on Pinterest. Courses cover everything you need to run standout campaigns, giving you best-in-class Pinterest skills—and a competitive edge.
Study up on Pinterest, right from the source. Starting today, you can take comprehensive, focused courses about all-things Pinterest on our new e-learning platform. Learn everything you need to make your campaigns best-in-class, all in one place.
- Read the full article from Pinterest Business