TikTok is Fast Becoming a Key Search and Discovery Platform for Younger Audiences
- Douyin has become an eCommerce powerhouse in China, and parent company ByteDance has been pushing to transform TikTok along the same lines in western markets with mixed results thus far.
Could TikTok really become a competitor in the web search and discovery stakes, and move into Google’s territory? That’s not overly surprising, but the volume of searches that could imply is significant, with hundreds of millions of searches being conducted every minute via Google’s apps. If TikTok and Instagram are eating into that, that could have big implications, and not just for Google itself, but also for brands looking to connect with younger audiences, and maximize their discovery opportunities.
- Read the full article from Social Media Today
What gaming habits reveal about media consumption
- Entertainment choices have never been more abundant, and gaming has emerged as one of the biggest winners in the battle for audiences’ attention.
While gaming’s exponential growth has been well documented there are currently nearly 3 billion gamers worldwide spanning a diverse set of demographics, interests, and preferences what hasn’t been part of the conversation is how it impacts and influences audiences’ media consumption habits more broadly. Gaming is more accessible than ever, with users playing more often across more platforms and devices throughout the day. The increasing ubiquity of gaming was evident in research conducted by Activision Blizzard Media, which surveyed more than 2,000 U.S. adults to understand their entertainment consumption habits better.
- Read the full article from Digiday
The Key To CTV Success Is Putting Your Audience First
- Viewers now spend nearly two hours a day watching streaming content, and this isn’t a behavior limited to cord-cutters.
Advertisers new to CTV often approach streaming buys the same way they approach linear. This strategy tends to overlook the unique advantages CTV offers. Brands find the best return on investment by focusing on their audience and buying across diverse inventory sources that make sense for their target customer.
- Read the full article from Ad Exchanger