TikTok reportedly overtakes YouTube in US average watch time
- TikTok’s users now spend more time each month watching content than YouTube users, according to App Annie
TikTok first overtook YouTube in August 2020, and as of June 2021 its users watched over 24 hours of content per month, compared with 22 hours and 40 minutes on YouTube. In the UK the difference is even more stark: TikTok overtook YouTube in May 2020 and users there now reportedly watch almost 26 hours of content a month, compared to less than 16 on YouTube. YouTube is still ahead in time spent overall, no doubt because of its two billion users compared to TikTok’s roughly 700 million. Users also spend more money on YouTube than TikTok across both iOS and Android worldwide (excluding Android users in China).
- Read the full article from The Verge
Google to sunset Expanded Text Ads (ETAs) in June 2022
- Beginning in July 2022, advertisers will no longer be able to create new Expanded Text Ads (ETAs)s or edit existing ETAs in Google Ads
Existing expanded text ads will continue to serve alongside responsive search ads, and will still be able to review reports on their performance going forward. Expanded text ads can still be paused, resumed, or removed if needed. Users will still be able to create and edit call ads and Dynamic Search Ads. To prepare for this change, Google recommends that you have at least one responsive search ad in every ad group in your Search campaigns by June 30, 2022. The warning of the sunset is now on the ETA help documentation page as well. The future phase-out of ETAs means advertisers are moving further away from direct control over their accounts and having to work with the Google Ads machine learning and AI.
- Read the full article from Search Engine Land
AnalyticsIQ’s Data Shop launched on Narrative’s data streaming platform
- AnalyticsIQ, a specialist in predictive analytics innovator and marketing data creator, has launch an e-commerce store for audience data.
- AnalyticsIQ is said to be the first data company to blend cognitive psychology with data science to create data attributes.
AnalyticsIQ's e-commerce store is built with Narrative’s new Data Shops offering, which enables companies to effortlessly spin up a branded data shop that lets data users easily find, purchase, and leverage a variety of proprietary data assets via a familiar e-commerce experience. From demographics and affluence categories to psychological drivers and purchase drivers to firmographics and employee-level insights, brands rely on AnalyticsIQ data to fuel better analytics and personalized experiences across channels. AnalyticsIQ’s individual-level B2B and B2C audiences will now be packaged, sold, and delivered through a branded Data Shops storefront, making it fast and easy for customers to gain access to the data they need.
- Read the full article from Marketing Tech News