Amazon clobbers competition, accounting for over 40% of US retail eCommerce sales in 2021
- In 2021, Amazon will account for 41.4% of all US retail eCommerce sales.
Amazon will contribute to more than 50% of US growth in online sales from 2019 to 2021. eMarketer estimates that Amazon’s eCommerce sales will rise by $168.53 billion in that time frame, to reach a staggering $386.40 billion by the end of this year. Amazon remains the dominant etailer and will earn more than $2 of every $5 spent shopping online in the US this year. Its closest US competitor is Walmart, but with 7.2% of the eCommerce market. Much of Amazon’s growth is fueled by consumer electronics sales, which made up $94.40 billion of Amazon’s gross merchandise value in 2020
- Read the full article from eMarketer
Google’s tool to report indexing bugs is now available in the U.S.
- Google’s reporting tool for indexing bugs is now available to all signed-in Search Console users in the U.S.
The tool, which was first announced as a pilot program back in April, can be accessed at the bottom of the URL inspection help document and indexing coverage report document. The tool enables SEOs and site owners to report an indexing issue directly to Google. It is designed for those who need further support with indexing issues outside of the Google community forums and support documentation. As the form is filled out, follow-up questions are generated so that the SEO or site owner can add more details about the issue.
- Read the full article from Search Engine Land
Flybuys and The Trade Desk launch partnership to deliver near real-time campaign results direct from the checkout
- Flybuys and The Trade Desk announced a first-of-its-kind partnership in Australia to provide advertisers with unprecedented insight into the impact of their online advertising campaigns on offline and online sales.
This partnership marks the first time that Unpacked by Flybuys’ de-identified sales conversion data, from Flybuys’ more than eight million members, will be made available within a programmatic buying platform. This will allow brands and their agencies to directly apportion the impact of their digital campaigns on sales within Coles and Liquorland and use that insight to drive near real-time enhancements to campaign setup. Beyond an optimization solution, this partnership enables easy measurement of how digital campaigns are driving both in-store and online sales conversions.
- Read the full article from theTradeDesk