Snap Highlights the Value and Opportunities of AR in New Report
- While the metaverse and Web3 are the cool tech trends of the moment, capturing the attention of many of the key proponents in the digital space, AR may actually be a far more significant, practical innovation, with immediate use cases that can provide direct value and enhancement to your everyday life.
With AR glasses in development at several of the tech giants, it does seem like AR is going to become a far more significant element at some stage - likely before the VR-led metaverse becomes a real thing. To glean more insight into this, Snapchat recently partnered with Ipsos to conduct a survey of more than 25k people, across 16 markets, to get a better understanding of how both consumers and brands really view AR and its potential value, in various applications. The report highlights the advanced opportunities of AR, beyond just fun filters and tools.
- Read the full article from Social Media Today
Google Announces Search Insights ‘Search On 2022’ Event
- Google has recently made some big changes to their search algorithms, which could have big impacts on your website traffic, it might be worth tuning in to the upcoming ‘Search On 22’ event, where Google will be showcasing the latest search achievements and how it wants to improve its results.
During the event, you’ll hear about how Google is reinventing its core information products to help people understand the world in more natural and intuitive ways. This, of course, includes its latest ‘useful content’ update, which is designed to better highlight websites in search results that create content ‘for people, as opposed to websites designed solely with SERP rankings in mind. Google also recently rolled out new updates to search snippets, contextual results, content alerts, and more.
- Read the full article from SEO News
Roblox Is Testing Dynamic Billboards in the Metaverse With New Ad Platform
- As companies continue to flock to the metaverse, Roblox is rolling out a new ad product that will allow brands to place 3D promos within the virtual worlds and games hosted on its platform.
The gaming platform plans to test new types of immersive ads for select brands in coming months with sights set on a full launch of its self-serve ad system sometime next year. Roblox will share revenue from the ads with the developers of the experiences and games within which they are placed. Roblox has already begun to test the portal ads with Vans and Warner Bros., two brands that have built sizable presences on the platform through branded experiences.
- Read the full article from Ad Week