Google Adds New Recycling Attribute to Maximize Business Discovery
- Google has added a new recycling attribute for business profiles, which will enable businesses to raise awareness of their recycling programs, and drive more activity as a result.
Google notes that ‘recycling” has become one of the most popular Search topics, while supporting eco-conscious brands is a key consideration for 82% of consumers who view sustainability as a top priority. By adding the new recycling attribute to Business Profiles, local storefronts and shops can show the recycling services they offer in just a few clicks - whether it’s for plastic bottles, electronics or glass bottles. Adding this information to the Business Profile, ultimately, can help these businesses to stand out.
- Read the full article from Social Media Today
‘Out of the innovation bucket’: TikTok’s share of dollars grows the further it goes down the marketing funnel
- TikTok isn’t a social network — People open the app to watch creators. Labels like this end up conveying something absolute and can even prevent growth in other areas.
The social network label view hasn’t stunted TikTok’s ads business too much. If anything, it’s probably helped it carve out its own share of social media ad budgets to a point. The app drives nine times more engagement than Facebook, per data the company shares with marketers. Moreover, advertisers on TikTok average 21 times more reach than Facebook or Instagram. The engagement rate per follower on TikTok averages 8% per follower versus 0.09% on Facebook and 1.6% on Instagram. Not only are there more performance advertisers testing out the platform, larger advertisers are spending more.
- Read the full article from Digiday
Send YouTube Links in a Snap!
- Starting March 31, 2022, all Snapchatters across iOS and Android can seamlessly share their favourite YouTube videos with their friends straight through the Snapchat Camera no more pesky copying and pasting required!
More than 2 billion logged-in users visit YouTube every month to tune into videos that help them find new music, learn different skills, catch up on news, and discover more about the world around them. With this new integration, Snapchat makes it easier than ever for viewers to send their favourite clips and videos right where they are already talking with their friends on Snapchat. This is the first time that YouTube links can be shared visually to Snapchat Stories and one-on-one Snaps, while still accessing the Camera and full suite of Snapchat Creative Tools for self-expression.
- Read the full article from the Snapchat Newsroom