Instagram's Removed In-Stream Video Ad Placements from its Advertising Options
- Instagram’s in-stream video ad placement is no longer available as an option in the app.
Meta is letting advertisers know that they can no longer use Instagram in-stream spots, but that they can use Reels placement as an alternative for video ads on IG. The announcement is important because by moving Instagram away from disruptive, in-playback ads, that then further aligns all of its video offerings into a more consolidated, scrollable stream.
- Read the full article from Social Media Today
How Does TikTok Bring In More Ad Money Than Twitter And Snapchat Combined?
- According to a recent report from Insider Intelligence, TikTok is set to bring in more ad revenue than competitors Twitter and Snapchat combined.
Owned by the Chinese tech giant ByteDance, the platform that has users posting videos that are often less than a minute long is set to bring in more than $11 billion in revenue by the end of 2022. In September 2019, the app reached 1 billion active monthly users despite American attempts to regulate it over its connection to the Chinese authoritarian government and countries like India blocking it outright. TikTok ad revenue had already grown by 175% in 2021 to $3.88 billion. By 2024, Insider Intelligence predicts that number to reach a whopping $23.58 billion.
- Read the full article from The Street
New Snapchat Update 2022 – Report On The ‘Snapchat Generation,’ Providing Key Insight Into User Engagement
- Snapchat has released its ‘Snapchat Generation’ study for 2022, which examines how Snapchatters use the platform to connect and how companies can better align their messaging around these important themes.
The 28-page ‘Snapchat Generation’ report, which incorporates findings from over 19,000 Snapchat users across 16 markets, provides a valuable glimpse of what Snap users value most. More intimate sharing among more personal groups has now become Snapchat’s specialization. Snap couldn’t compete on scale with Facebook and Instagram, so it narrowed its focus to more private contact, which has helped it find a better market fit and maintain growth. Snapchat also gives insights into eCommerce, namely its developing role as a social shopping channel.
- Read the full article TheAltWeb